Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Comparison of Interviews

I only made a couple of changes between my first and second interviews. I did the first interview at my apartment dining room table, and my second interview was conducted at Meme's apartment on his couch. The second change was how I recorded the interviews. I could not use my recorder on my phone anymore because I dropped it, and therefore I had to use my camera. However, both worked just as well. I was a little bit more comfortable in my second interview, but I knew the interviewee for a longer period of time. Both interviewees were from the same country; however, two different cultures. One was from a richer population, and the second a poorer. We had a lot of conversation in the second interview, I was able to ask a lot of interesting questions based on information I had gained from the first interview. There was a lot of new information, especially on the poor villages in Guinea. Nothing was contradictory between the interviews, so I feel confident that both were honest with me. I spent at least an hour transcribing the audio portion, and am overall very satisfied with my work. The thing I would like to improve on compared to the other interviews I read is my country report. 

No comments:

Post a Comment